1. Which two presidents died on the same day on July 4, 1826? Thomas Jefferson and John Adams
2. How many presidents have the people of the U.S. elected? Barack Obama is our 44th president but there actually have only been 43 presidents: Cleveland was elected for two nonconsecutive terms and is counted twice, as our 22nd and 24th president.
3. Who was the youngest man to become president? Who was the oldest? John Kennedy was the youngest man elected president at age 43, but Theodore Roosevelt became the youngest man to serve as president when McKinley was assassinated and V.P. Roosevelt took over the office at age 42. The oldest elected president was Ronald Reagan at 69.
4. Which 4 presidents were assassinated in office? Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy were assassinated in office.
5. What was the last name of President Kennedy’s secretary? Mrs. Lincoln. Lots more similarities exist between Kennedy and Lincoln.
6. How many presidents first served as Vice Presidents? Fourteen: J. Adams, Jefferson, Van Buren, Tyler, Fillmore, A. Johnson, Arthur, T. Roosevelt, Coolidge, Truman, Nixon, L. Johnson, Ford, and George H.W. Bush.